After I changed themes early today, I’ve been checking blogs and websites in an effort to find a fix for my new design’s bug – its inability to be displayed properly in Internet Explorer.
Until this afternoon – Explorer displayed only one column of the two-column sidebar. The third column was displayed under the second bar. I took all my sidebar elements out and placed it back again one by one – shoutbox, recent comments script, buttons etc. and found that I deleted one unordered list closing tag. After fixing this, Explorer finally rendered the homepage design properly. And then I checked the individual page for the posts – its layout was horribly wrong under Explorer.
Thanks to Yuga’s tip below, I decided to look for the code that defined the width of the sidebar and changed it from 320px to 310px. That fixed everything – the homepage and the individual item pages.
Max is a journalist and blogger based in Cebu. He has written and edited for such publications as The Freeman, The Independent Post, Today, Sun.Star Cebu, Cebu Daily News, Philstar Life, and Rappler.
He is also a mobile app and web developer and co-founded InnoPub Media with his wife Marlen.
Leave a Reply